The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization that was established in 1983.
Since its establishment, PARC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land development, water resources & environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs.
PARC will be implementing the project: “Enhancing Drought Resillience through innovative Water Management in the Gaza Strip” (EDRIWM), which is funded by the BMZ-Germany, and will be implemented in different governorates in the Gaza Strip. In order to strengthen its technical team in the implementation of the project, PARC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced applicant as follows:-
Job Title: Technical Project Coordinator
The following job specification is intended to reflect the nature, range and context of the work. It identifies the main requirements of the role, but is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Overall aim: PARC will be leading the new project which is funded by the BMZ and will be implemented in different governorates of the Gaza Strip. In order to strengthen its technical team in the implementation of the project, PARC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced project technical coordinator.
Objectives: Coordinate effective implementation of (EDRIWM) Project.
Department: Programs & Project Department
Report to: Project Manager / Programs & Project Department
Project Duration: 36 months
Contract: one year renewable
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The project coordinator specific roles will be:
• Conduct Risk Assessment to identify and select beneficiaries.
• Preparing detailed sheets about beneficiaries, to include all the necessary information.
• Supervise the day-to-day activities and constant technical support to the field staff.
• Assessing target area of the project, before presenting it to the technical committee, so as to select beneficiaries.
• Presenting the results of the first assessment of target area to the Project Manager, before the field visit by the technical committee.
• Preparing an action plan, and presenting it to the Project Manager, including all activities and tasks indicating the beginning and completion of each activity.
• Being present at the project site, monitoring project activities and directing them according to the action plan.
• Preparing daily sheets including activities, amounts, costs, and signature of stakeholders, and presenting it to Project Manager.
• Preparing project narrative reports, and presenting them to the Project Manager.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Corporate competencies:
• Demonstrates integrity.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
. Functional competencies:
a- Knowledge Management and Learning
• Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
b- Management and Leadership:
• Focuses on impact and result for the beneficiaries and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
c- Communication Competencies:
• Effectively communicates relevant information to superiors
• Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations
• Coordinating with Project Coordinators to collect all the information about the project.
• Participating in periodical meetings with other field workers to exchange experiences, and getting to know the problems they might face in the field and how to solve them.
Education required: Bachelor's Degree in agriculture, civil engineer with relation to agriculture and water irrigation.
• Practical experience for a similar job for at least three years.
• Experience with land development and water resources management standards.
• Experience in establishing priorities and manage multiple tasks.
• Practical training course in Project Management.
• Excellent computer skills. • Experience with International development projects.
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic & English.
To apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter by email, indicating the position title you are applying for, to email@example.com no later than Saturday September 21, 2013.