الجمعة، 25 مارس، 2011
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program 2012-2013 منحة الفولبرايت للماجستير و الدكتوراة
2012-2013 Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program
The United States Department of State in cooperation with AMIDEAST West Bank/Gaza is pleased to announce that applications are currently being accepted for the 2012-2013 Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program
AMIDEAST West Bank/Gaza is pleased to announce the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for 2012. Established by the US Congress in 1946, the Fulbright Program was founded to foster mutual understanding among nations through educational and cultural exchange.
Palestinians in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza Strip are invited to apply for Fulbright scholarships for graduate study in the United States for the 2012-2013 academic year. Funding will be granted for two years of study in a master’s or doctoral program. Fulbright Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
Applications are encouraged from students meeting ALL of these criteria:
• Demonstrate spoken and written English documented by a minimum score of 71 IBT/530 PBT for master’s programs, 96 IBT/590 PBT for doctoral programs on the TOEFL or ITP exams;
• GRE or GMAT test scores – not required with application, however, candidates who are provisionally selected for the Fulbright scholarship must take either the GRE or the GMAT, as appropriate, and obtain a satisfactory score before they can be placed with a university;
• Received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university for master’s program candidates, or both bachelor’s and master’s degrees from accredited universities for doctoral candidates with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B or 80% equivalent) or above;
• Minimum 1-year work experience;
• Legal resident of the West Bank, East Jerusalem, or Gaza Strip; must be a resident throughout the entire candidacy process to be eligible; Israeli passport holders should apply at the Fulbright Commission in Tel Aviv;
• Eligible for J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa (No U.S. passport holders or permanent residents).
Application must include:
1. TOEFL/ITP score (minimum score of 530 for Master’s degree & 590 for PhD) If ITP score is submitted, TOEFL test registration confirmation must ALSO be included.
TOEFL test registration confirmation date must be before July1, 2011.
For more information on test dates and locations, contact AMIDEAST.
2. Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree certificate & final transcripts in English
3. Graduate (Master’s) degree certificate & final transcripts in English
4. Three letters of recommendation from university professors
5. Summary of work experience (CV)
6. One recent photo
7. Copy of Palestinian passport or Jerusalem ID
Deadline to submit an application: June 15, 2011
For more information, contact AMIDEAST or complete the on-line application from the website: www.amideast.org
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st Floor
34 El-Bireh Municipality Street
Tel.: 02-240-8023 ext 101 or 115
Omar Mukhtar St. No.8/704
Bseiso Building, 8th Floor,
Opposite the Arab Bank of Rimal
Tel.: 08-282-4635 ext 105
Shufat Road, Jerusalem
University Commercial Center, 2nd Floor
Hebron University Street
Trust Building, 3rd Floor
Amman Street Nablus, West Bank